Each month we spotlight a new or exciting Australian business who has either subscribed to Greenroom or is an Alsco customer. We want to know what makes your business tick and how this can help other Alsco customers to create greener, safer and healthier businesses.
The spotlight is on Total Bliss Beauty.
Total Bliss Beauty Therapy, Makeup Artistry & MediAesthetics
Type of Business: Advanced Beauty Therapy and Medical Aesthetics
- Remember when you wake up one morning and feeling sore and tight around your shoulders and neck muscles?
- Remember the days when you wake to find yourself with a “mono” or “uni” – brow?
- Remember the big day when you need your makeup done professionally?
- Remember looking at yourself in the mirror looking tired and exhausted?
- Remember the time you try so hard not to focus on that zest which has just popped up overnight?
- Don’t remember when you last had a sun tan?
- Don’t remember to which order you are supposed to use the serums or moisturizers first?
- Don’t remember the last time you have had some well deserved “me-time”?
- Don’t want to keep shaving or waxing?
- Want to pamper someone special?
- Want a superb last minute gift?
- That’s us! We can help you with all of the above!!
Check out their awesome business experience through their answers below.
1. What’s a crazy/awesome day like in Total Bliss Beauty?
An awesome day will be a sunny and warm day. The clinic is run by energetic staff who are passionate about skin health and offering advanced beauty treatments to clients. Bookings are full, clients turning up to all appointments. The day is running smoothly without any surprises.
A crazy day will be the above plus no time in between clients to replenish ourselves with food or even use the lavatory. Furthermore, five minutes before we close, we get numerous calls from phone scammers asking for donations or overseas companies asking us to switch telephone/electricity/gas companies.
2. Who is the best customer you ever had?
Personal recommendations by loyal customers.
New customers who return for subsequent visits.
Customers who provide us with feedback (positives and negatives) so we can improve ourselves.
3. What were the challenges that you have encountered when you first start up your business?
- Time management
- Staff management
Trusting them and delegating jobs within the management team, as I can’t to everything. Be patient and taking little steps to achieve long term goals – I must learn to walk before I can run.
4. What are your best tips for getting new sales in the door?
Getting beauty therapists dressed up with walking signboards.
Just kidding. We are fortunate to be located at a corner of two busy streets so we get new clients as walk-ins. The main thing is getting the signage windows done professionally. Advertising with Facebook and other social media sites. Refer a friend and receive package discounts on services.
5. Do you have a funny story to share about one of your experiences in the business?
One of our clients is a singer. Just so happens that we were playing one of his songs when he was here receiving a treatment. The look on his happy face – priceless.
6. What’s that one thing in your business venture that you’re really happy about?
Able to combine medical aesthetics with existing advanced beauty treatments.
I am very fortunate to be in a position where I can combine science with beauty. I have a medical background for 10 years before venturing into this business. Whilst I am not a dermatologist specializing in skin diseases. I am a general practitioner with a special interest for skin health and beauty. Whilst most salon will contract out the work, I am able to provide this cosmetic medicine services for clients and then refer them to our beauty consultants for in house advanced skin treatments. These treatments include IPL, radio frequency, collagen induction therapy or microdermabrasion. If clients require further specialist input, e.g. Skin cancers, I am able to refer them to Plastic surgeons or Dermatologists.
When we first started the business, my husband and I had already gone through a few rounds of fertility treatments. Total Bliss has inspired me to help others who are going through similar difficult situations. Our staff are highly trained and have an excellent knowledge on skin care and beauty tips. When you visit us, rest assure that you are in safe hands.
7. Is there something unusual you want people to know about your business?
This business is owned and set up by a registered medical practitioner who offers unique medical aesthetic services, including IVF aesthetics (helping those undergoing fertility treatments). During the course of setting up the business, the owner was also undergoing fertility treatments herself. Over the years, she is able to provide valuable insight and advice for clients traveling on the same journey.
8. What’s that one Alsco product/service that you really really like?
The towel exchange services and personal customer service.
We have just recently signed up with Alsco to provide linen and towel exchange services. I am very impressed with Simon coming into our clinic and introducing us to Alsco. We have been looking for a company that provide good quality white towel exchange services. Simon has been very professional and prompt with all our inquiries.
9. Are you like us and always seem to spot the Alsco trucks on the road when you least expect it?
Looking forward to spotting them near our area.
10. If you were not a business owner/entrepreneur right now, and you’re part of Alsco’s team, who would you like be? What work would you love to do?
Perhaps in 5-10 years time, Alsco’s Company Doctor?
I am currently the owner/entrepreneur. I am yet to discover ways to combine general practice with my existing medical aesthetic clinic. If Alsco is hiring and looking for an in house medical doctor for my services, my résumé will be ready for view on your desk, stat!
Total Bliss Beauty Therapy, Makeup Artistry & MediAesthetics started their business last June 2012 (Taken over in June 2012 as previously named Total Bliss Beauty Therapy & Makeup Artistry 2000-2012)
They’re located in: Corner of Grimshaw Street and Church Street, Greensborough ViC 3088
Image Courtesy: www.totalblissbeauty.com.au