An Insight Into a Typical Day at Head Office for Vita
Let’s get to know:
ALSCO HEAD OFFICE
1. What time does your day start?
My starting time varies from 8:00 am to 8:30 am.
2. What does a typical day involve?
A lot of multi-tasking, answering all general calls, screening and forwarding them. I am responsible for forwarding all new and existing email enquiries, voicemail and incoming faxes. Making sure the reception, kitchen/lunch room, boardroom and meeting rooms are kept tidy.
I set up the meeting rooms when needed, greet visitors and issue them with passes. I also collect, sort, distribute and prepare mail and courier deliveries during the day. I sign for deliveries, update calendars and schedule meetings.
In addition, my day may include typing legal correspondence and maintaining registers, photocopying, filing and faxing. Each day I send out Daily Sales, do invoicing and generally provide assistance around the office where needed.
3. What part of your job do you enjoy the most?
Every day is different which is why I love my job, it’s definitely never boring! At any given time, I could be doing a variety of tasks. I also enjoy the sincere appreciation I receive from the people I work with.
4. Is there anything you find particularly challenging?
Sometimes it’s challenging helping customers with difficulties on the phone from time to time. However, I do love a challenge!
5. What is the most unusual thing you’ve had to do at work?
I helped a person stay calm while they were trapped alone in one of our building lifts. I stayed on the phone talking to them while arranging for help at the same time.
6. Who do you typically work closely with at Head Office?
I work closely with Vicki Fitzgerald (Receptionist), Lisa Henry (PA/Office Manager), Jane Lawrence (Marketing), Sam Ingui and Bianca Slabacu (Legal), Ricky Herman (National Accounts), and Joy Whitelaw (Human Resources).
7. Who has been the most inspirational person you’ve worked with at Alsco?
I am inspired and motivated by the people I work with at Head Office. Everyone is so friendly, helpful and supportive.
8. How long have you worked for Alsco?
I have worked at Alsco for more than two years.
9. What is your country of origin?
I was born in Sydney, Australia.
10. Tell us about your family?
I come from a big Italian family, originally from Sicily in southern Italy. My parents migrated to Australia more than 50 years ago.
11. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Spending quality family time together with my husband, four children, and two dogs.
12. Where’s your favourite holiday destination?
I never get bored of Port Stephens for sand dunes, whale and dolphin watching.
13. What’s your favourite food?
Italian! I love cooking traditional Italian dishes. I have a very sweet tooth and my favourite food is tiramisu.
14. What are your plans for the future?
To continue to grow and learn at Alsco.