You can create your own Green Office goals, and work with your colleagues to achieve greater green credentials in your office.Below are some ideas for goals.
In the next year …
- Reduce energy usage by 5%. Easy ways to reduce energy use include turning appliances off at the powerpoint and using cloth towels for hand drying.
- Launch a recycling incentive program for departments who reduce their waste output.
- Increase the number of staffers who bike to work by 25%.
- Start an office composting program.
- Announce to clients and customers that you are taking steps toward going green.
In the next five years …
- Install solar panels, a garden roof, skylights and/or a “cool” roof.
- Reduce energy usage by 20%.
- Replace commodes and sinks with more efficient models.
- Replace your heating and cooling system with one with more programming options.
- Go tankless! Depending on your office size, switch to a tankless water heater.
In the next ten years …
- Remodel the office with more natural lighting so you can keep the lights off for most of the day.
- Meet with clients and associates via videoconferencing to cut down on transportation emissions and costs. Allow staff to work remotely from home.
- Landscaping should be watered completely from collected rainwater or other natural irrigation systems, nourished by organic fertiliser and protected with natural pest control.
- Raise your standards! Upgrade your building to LEED standards.
- Contract an environmental scientist or consultant to assess your environmental impact and a plan to reduce it.
Go For Green
Alsco offers a variety of solutions to help make your workplace a greener environment. These include our Evolution Mats, Continuous Towels and Ecosafe Washers. The revolutionary Evolution Mats are made from recycled eco-friendly materials. The continuous Cloth Towel also offers important benefits with less impact on the environment. The use of cotton towels are environmentally friendlier than paper. Our Alsco Ecosafe Washers are water based utilise a technology where oil and grease are transformed into water and carbon dioxide.
For any of the above, all you need to do is ask Alsco. If that green office is one of your priorities, then why delay?
Image courtesy: Chris Cox